Welcome to Leavenworth County
Intimate communities by Kansas City
We have fine opportunities in housing, schools & jobs
As one of the fastest growing counties in Kansas, Leavenworth County (LvCo) is full of opportunity. With friendly, small town communities and safe neighborhoods, Leavenworth County’s communities offer families and individuals many advantages for relocation.
- higher average income
- lower cost of living
- new schools
- rich history
- sense of community pride
- close proximity to Kansas City International Airport
- major highways and interstates: I-70, K-7/73, K-92, US 24/40
- Basehor is the fifth fastest growing community in Kansas, offers a friendly, small town atmosphere only minutes away from Kansas City.
- Lansing, the City with a Future, has safe, quiet neighborhoods, new schools and steady growth for the past 50 years.
- Leavenworth is rich in history and the largest city in the county. Kansas City International Airport is only 15 minutes away.
- Tonganoxie offers small town charm with progressive leadership, and by Interstate 70, has short commutes to Kansas City, Lawrence and Topeka.